As the scorching summer sun beats down, the last thing we want is to spend hours slaving over a hot stove. Luckily, there are plenty of delicious recipes that are perfect for those hot summer days when you want to keep cool and avoid cooking altogether.
Our no-cook recipe series was created with the summer heat in mind, so you can can stay fueled and cool all summer long! We’ll be sharing family favorites, reinvented classics, and innovative concoctions that showcase the essence of summer on a plate over the next 4 posts.
To kick things off, we are introducing our zesty watermelon gazpacho. This cold soup is a packed with water-containing ingredients, making it a flavorful way to hydrate. With its inventive fusion of flavors and cooling properties, watermelon gazpacho has earned its place as a celebrated summer delicacy. Whether served as an elegant appetizer at a garden party or as a light and refreshing lunch on a scorching afternoon, this contemporary twist on a classic never fails to impress, delight, and rejuvenate.
Zesty Watermelon Gazpacho
- 4 cups watermelon seeded and cubed
- 1 cucumber peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh basil use as garnish
- In a blender, combine the watermelon, cucumber, bell pepper, red onion, lime juice, and olive oil. Blend until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to meld.
- Serve chilled in bowls or glasses, garnished with fresh basil leaves.