Meal planning and preparation are some of the most common struggles we (Lucy, Kristen and Bella) hear about from clients. Whether it’s due to a time constraint, creative block, picky eaters at home, or disinterest in cooking, meal planning and prep often take a back seat in many of our lives. That’s why at Well Balanced we are always looking for new ways to help our clients plan and cook their meals without breaking the bank or requiring hours in the kitchen. So over the past few weeks Kristen and Bella decided to give some meal prep help a try from a local company, Long Life Meal Prep.
Check out our reviews below!
If you were to talk to my friends and family you would quickly learn I am often the butt of many jokes due to the oxymoron of being a RD that doesn’t always do a good job at feeding herself. Between my work schedule and being a full time student, I often lack the motivation (and time) to cook 3 meals a day. If I don’t meal prep on Sundays, then I often struggle to come up with dinner ideas. That’s why, just like my clients, I am always looking for new tips and tricks to get nutritious fuel without the hassle.
So when I had the chance to try Long Life Meal Prep, I couldn’t resist. I found that their meals were a good base, and that adding some additional sauces, spices, and veggies took them to the next level. The convenience was the best part. All I had to do was reheat, add some additional flavors and within minutes BOOM, dinner was served!
Countless times I tell myself I am going to put together a nice lunch for myself but something stops me from following through with lunch prep- whether it’s the overwhelm of starting or simply time already feeling stretched thin. If I’m lucky, I’ll have leftovers to reheat, but I’m not going to lie some days I end up just eating a granola bar or scramble to put a ho-hum lunch together.
I was excited to get a little help from Long Life Meal Prep since I can be so inconsistent with lunch. It’s funny how making a family dinner that we will all enjoy together is a lot easier to prioritize than my individual lunches. I know I’m not alone because I hear all the time from clients who agree that cooking for yourself is a lot harder to do.
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner you have a hard time keeping up with, consider getting a little help. It was so nice having these meals ready for me when things got busy. Why not take something off your plate and make healthy eating easier?
Pro Tips for Using a Meal Prep service like Long Life Meal Prep:
Letting someone take over the job of prepping frees up more brain space and creativity to make the meals work for you. Don’t assume that every meal is perfect for you as is. Put some time and effort into making it satisfying and filling. These meals often start at a low calorie level. You may need more energy to make it through the day. Here’s what you can add to your meals.
- Flavor. Some meals are loaded with flavor like Bourbon Grilled Chicken or Honey Sriracha Chicken Bowl. If you choose a more basic meal, think of it as a blank slate to add your own type of flare! It can quickly be jazzed up with your favorite sauce or seasoning blends. Flavor boosters don’t have to add a ton of extra calories or unneccesary ingredients if you make your own or pick high-quality store bought versions. (Need help? Lucy and Bella will be sharing fast and easy ways to add flavor to your meals on this month’s webinar. Sign up now!)
- Fiber. Some meals may be too low in carbohydrates for you and could use a fiber boost. Simply add some whole grains, starchy vegetables, beans, or your favorite bread to the meal to round it out and make it complete.
- Fun. Long Life Meal Prep has some fun snack/dessert options that are made with minimal sugar and added protein. Adding fun items like this to your routine in addition to Well Balanced meals will make it easier to eat well without feeling like you are missing out on anything.
A few more tips:
- If you have time, heat your meals in an air fyer, toaster oven or on a skillet. This delivers the best flavor and quality.
- If you can’t eat your meal within the week, keep them in the freezer for later. The day before you are ready to eat it, put it in the refrigerator to thaw overnight before heating the next day.
- Need help getting your meals just right? Give them a call. They will be happy to work with you to personalize your order.
Wanna Try Long Life Meal Prep, too? Here’s how:
Long Life Meal Prep is a company based in Jamestown, NC, but they ship anywhere. If you live near one of their “pick-up” locations you can save 20% off your order by dropping in to grab your meals each week.
Here’s how to order:
- Simply browse the menu
- Add meals, snacks and juices to your cart
- Select either delivery or find your pick up location at check out
- Enjoy your food!
Ready to try? Use the code: WellBalance10 to get 10% off your first order! Put Well Balanced Nutrition in the comments section on follow up orders to let them know who sent them.