Quick bread makes a festive, fun, and sweet treat to bring to the holiday party, a gift to your loved ones, or something to enjoy with your family. This recipe features nutritious sweet potato, fresh cranberries, rosemary, and toasted pecans to give it a nice flavor. Why not make this sweet treat this holiday season?
Fancy Sweet Potato Bread
This quick sweet potato bread makes a festive treat to bring to a holiday party or give as a gift. It features sweet potato and fresh cranberries, as well as candied rosemary and toasted pecans to add a lovely pop of flavor. Share it with family and friends!
- 12 oz sweet potato (roasted)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 large eggs
- 1 2/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 oz fresh cranberries
- 4 oz pieces pecan
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- Roast sweet potato at 400 degrees F, until tender. Cool, peel and set aside.
- Place fresh rosemary sprigs, in simple syrup, for at least 10 minutes or overnight. Remove sprigs from syrup, coat in granulated sugar and dry for at least 10 minutes. *Dry these in your pre-heated oven and they’ll break up nicely as you prepare the pans of batter.
- Lightly toast the pecans and set aside.
Mash the sweet potato in a large bowl, then add kosher salt, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground cardamom, baking soda, baking powder, canola oil, granulated sugar, brown sugar and eggs. Whisk till well combined.
- Gently stir in the flour, then 3 oz of the pecans and the fresh cranberries.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pans, then top with the remaining pecans and the candied rosemary (strip the stems and discard these).
- Bake at 350 degrees F. ~35 minutes for mini loaves and ~1h5m for 8×4 loaves.
- Cool completely, then enjoy!