What better way to spend the first day of October than enjoying these warm and cozy Pumpkin Spice Muffins?! They taste like Fall and there are so many reasons why you will love them! Let me count the ways…
I love playing in the kitchen, but I don’t love the cleanup. I’ve had plenty of clients tell me the same thing. It can definitely be a drawback to getting in the kitchen at times. Choosing recipes that need minimal equipment is key. This recipe only requires one big bowl (actually, I like to use a large measuring cup instead of a bowl) and a couple measuring spoons. Clean up is a cinch, especially if you use cupcake liners.
Full of Fall Goodness
Pumpkin pie spice is all the rage this time year and it’s no wonder. The mixture of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves can bring about all the good feels of Fall. The pumpkin puree also makes these a delicious seasonal treat and it delivers a dose of nutritious goodness including fiber, vitamin K, vitamin C, potassium, copper, manganese, and riboflavin.
The nut butter and eggs in these muffins provide protein and fat while the pumpkin provides complex carbs. A mix of all the macronutrients makes for a well-balanced snack or treat. You can feel good about noshing on these with your morning coffee, with your lunch or in the afternoon.
One-Bowl Mini Pumpkin Nut Butter Muffins
- coconut oil spray or alternative
- 1 cup almond butter or alternative
- 2/3 cup pumpkin purée not pumpkin pie mix
- 2 eggs large
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbs maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbs chocolate chips optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease mini muffin with coconut oil spray.
- Add all ingredients, except coconut oil spray, to a bowl and whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or two spoons, place batter in mini muffin tins 3/4 way full.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until tops spring back when touched. (If using larger muffin tins, bake time will be longer.)
- Remove from oven and let stand two minutes before removing from pan.