It’s always great to have a go-to recipe that never fails to impress, and that’s what I’ve found with these muffins! It’s hard to believe they contain various fruits and vegetables – because they just taste great! Even picky eaters will likely love them!
Very-Veggie Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 electric hand mixer
- 2 bowls
- 1 food processor
- 2 mini muffin tins
- 1 2/3 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 1/3 cup collagen powder, unflavored see notes
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup broccoli chopped
- 1 zucchini medium, chopped
- 1/2 apple medium
- 1 banana ripe
- 2 carrots whole small to medium carrots will work
- 2 Tbs milk (2% cow's milk was used, any type of milk should work)
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (Plain or Flavored) We love Oikos
- 4 Tbs butter unsalted, room temp
- 2 eggs large
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Wash, chop and steam the broccoli.
- Wash and chop apple, zucchini, and carrots into large chunks.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place cupcake liners into mini muffin pan; set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, collagen, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; set aside.
- In a food processor, combine steamed broccoli, zucchini, apple, carrots, banana, a milk, and yogurt. Purée until smooth.
- In a mixer or another bowl, combine the brown sugar + butter and beat until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Add the fruit and veggie puree into the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until tops are slightly brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and muffins bounce back when touched.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Replace collagen with whole wheat flour.
- Substitute with any other protein supplement.